Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

at pro...1st run, 2nd run

cupcake

I'm looking at getting the ap pro around april and wondering what are the odds or what to look for in having a 1st run sent to me? by the sounds of it i don't want a 1st run. I would think by then they should of run their course but allways having the black cloud over my head i know i would end up with one. i'm looking to purchase that and a pointer pro, who should i be looking to for a good deal? id rather have a decent deal on these 2 items than 300 dollars of free crap if you know what i mean, knock off some coin cause i don't want or need the other stuff. New to this site so i don't want to bring up names cause i don't know who is a sponser and who isn't so you can email me with any suggestions as to who deal with at db034@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Darrin

Well I'm not sure but I would suspect it depends on where you buy from. Most AT's don't last long at the dealer so the "first run" is probably out and in use.

I'm at a bit of a tough choice. My AT does false when I twist my wrist, but has never been a problem in the field. I've thought about sending it in just because if I decided to sell it having it fixed? would be a plus. My concern is what the fix might do to sensitivity. Right now my AT Pro is by far the most sensitive detector I have EVER used on small gold. I'd sure hate to give up any of that sensitivity for something as minor as falsing when I twist my wrist.

I know I've seen people say it's just as sensitive after the fix, but I'm having a hard time excepting it. I happen to believe the falsing is at least partly due to extreme sensitivity.

Thats the way i thought about it until yesterday, when the unit started to go haywire on me falsing all over the place, sometimes minor glitches can become big problems. So today its on its way to garrett.

I sent in an early model of the F70 got back a completely new machine but it's sensitivity wasn't any better than the F75.