Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro in the Surf???

bulletman

How does the AT PRO do in the surf? Is it noisy when transitioning from the dry to wet sand?

Bulletman

I haven't used the AT Pro yet.:wiggle:I get mine today!:garrett::detecting:
From what I understand from reading the owner's manual, reading posts on the forums and watchin' the youtube videos, it seems like you need to manual ground balance over the wet sand. This is very easy to do. When you transition from wet to dry sand, I suppose that you would have to adjust the ground balance again. Easy to do and accomplished in seconds.
Here is a link to the youtube video discussing salt water beach use for the AT Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgnacYzkWU&feature=player_embedded

Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

I have found that on some wet salt sand beaches, the AT Pro did NOT want to ground balance because of extreme Black Sand and highly mineralized sand and salt .... .....while on others , the G.B; was no problem ......You will see the numbers drop down from about 20 or so on down when G.Balancing in the wet salt sand .... You may also have to turn you sensitivity down ......>When trasitioning from wet to dry , your AT will tell you by the noise it makes that it's time to do another G.B. !!... Dry sand G.B. well and it runs quiet and DEEP !!.. This is what I bought my AT Pro for .....I can fly down the dry beach wtih this machine and hear targets all the time ...... This machine LOVES dry sand !!......Jim

Noticed too that in the water where the AT could not be G. Balanced that the water running over the coil was pretty noisy too , but that is to be expected .....I didn't have my boots the day I had it on the beach that was easier to G.B on ........I hope it quiets down .....No matter ....I was resigned to the fact that all I really wanted it for was a dry sand machine , so anything more I get out of it is a bonus to me .......Jim