Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

atx de mounted with an infinium DD coil

stephenscool

Have a used atx coming in the mail with a DD infinium coil. Anyone know if this setup is still waterproof or submersible ? Haven't taken a good look at it yet but want to get prepared if for sure it's not waterproof or anything else I might need to know for that matter.

Infinium supposed to be good down to 200'. Honestly I don't know if the coils are interchangeable.

from what I've seen on the internet the infinium DD coil is ok with the atx. How waterproof the connectors or.the setup is that I'm getting has yet to be determined

Only the 3 Infinium LS DD coils can be used on the ATX.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?62,2293466

I've experimented with Infinium DD coil's with both Recon and ATX, they will work and the connector are waterproof.

Here are two pictures, one with stock ATX shaft the other with combination explorer and ATX shaft setup.

If possible, stay with coils designed for the ATX. Infinitum DD coils do work but you'll loose sensitivity.

Paul

The new to me atx arrived the other day. It has had a lot of work done to it to reduce the weight. Batteries are hip mounted in a little bag. Earphone connector is changed to a standard size. 10x14dd infinium coil. I had to fabricate a new shaft for it. Perhaps in a week or 2 I will post a photo when completed.

I'm going to consider chest mounting it. What did you do with the handle? Looks like extensive work to get rid of it or even to change the configuration