Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ATX vs Infinum...?

Is anyone aware of a good comparison of capabilities between ATX and ILS? I'm just curious, since the ATX can't swim out of the kiddy pool (and $2500) it's not a contender anyway... but inquiring minds want to know!

OK, I found part of what I was searching for over on the ATX forum; apparently I was not searching back far enough. Google found it though... would still like to find a side by side function performance test.

I have been swinging the Infinium for over 5 years and love every target I dig.
I was given an ATX for Christmas and have had it out only a half dozen times since then and always in the water, salt and fresh.
The ATX is a much improved machine although it still uses the API technology, the stability, available adjustments and control push buttons are the BIG pluses for the ATX.
On the minus side I find the cleaning of the cam locks and inside the shaft to be something that MUST be done immediately after a dunk in the water. The silt in the water and salt form the ocean then to bind the cam locks up. Many have posted great info on the ATX forum, that I see you have visited. Garrett has one good video and is working on a second video. The second video will have a section on cleaning and maintenance.
As for performance, IMO it beats the Infinium, but in doing so I have to dig deeper and more often. The ATX did a great job in locating gold, brass trolley tokens, silver bracelet small silver toe ring, and a few coins. With the bigger coil on the ATX it is more difficult to separate grouped target than my 8" mono coil I have on my Infinium for winter hunting. I is probably just the areas I have detecting in with the ATX, but it has not "seen" as many nickles as I usually get with the Infinium. Keep in mind I have only detect a half dozen times in the past month that I have owned the ATX. It is a new machine and I still have many hours of detecting with it before I get to know just how the controls affect the target response. So far I am very impressed.

I hope this helps. I have to wait until the temps get above freezing to get back out into the ocean to work on the learning curve.