Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Audio question for anyone who has used an F70/F75 and a Gold Bug SE/Pro/G2...

sgoss66

I really like the audio on the Gold Bug Pro. Setting the disc. to 40 (disc out iron), and then having iron give a low tone and everything else VCO audio is really cool. I was wondering -- is using 2F tones on the F70 (where all iron is a low tone and everything else VCO) pretty much the same, or is there a difference? I have only used the F70 briefly in this mode, but thinking back to when I ran it that way, and now in using the Bug Pro, it seems that there is more "information" somehow, in the audio of the Gold Bug Pro. I'll run the F70 in that mode on my hunt tomorrow, but I was just curious if anyone finds them similar, or different.

I don't know the audio option on the F75 that is similar to 2F on the F70, but I assume there is one. I'm just curious to hear from anyone who has used the "2F"-type audio, and to hear how they feel it compares to the audio when setting up the Gold Bug/G2 at disc. 40.

Steve

Yes 2 tone should sound the same.

set the F70 in the 2f mode then run disc down to zero. so all iron will be heard...

I would bet when you had it set in 2f last time you had some disc say like 5 or 10 and that would knock a lot of the iron grunt audio out..( Audio being suppressed below the disc set point )

On the Gold Bug when you use 40 disc all targets 0 to 40 will grunt so it will convey more info/Noise even some mineral will sound off like this....

make sure if you use the 2f option on the F70 to set the disc at zero if you want to hear more iron and some mineral... this would be to make thing's even...

The beauty of the pro is the ability to set your own break point anywhere you like on the tone's the F70 does not allow this it is preset for tone break's...

Keith Southern

I fully hear you Keith Southern, on the nice ability to set a tone break. That is a cool feature of the Bug Pros/G2s. And yes, I'll bet I did have some disc dialed in when I briefly used 2F in the past on the F70. Today, I'm going out, and will try running the F70 at 2F tones, zero disc; this way, I can hunt both machines similarly, and maybe some of the audio cues I learn will carry over from one machine to the next in this way. That was my hope -- that some of the audio nuances might be similar, if you hunt the two machines in this way...

Thanks, Keith...

Steve

I understand they did make a bit of a change in the GB scaling somewhere along the line in the development of the Bugs/G2's. Seeing your post on the difference in the iron nails setting made me think to ask.

Tom

Keith,

Thanks for your input :please:

but I mainly stayed in Disc mode...the all metal might of behaved different not sure...

Keiht

Keith,

Our sink rate here in Georgia is not so quick in some areas, and in others quicker. The all metal is deeper with one tone I think. I have not tried the all metal. Wow, that's going to change this weekend.

HH
Ken

Makes one wonder what the differences in the software are and what it was meant to do.

Thanks for the reply

Tom