Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Audio question

LTimedigger

This is for you Deus gurus out there. I've been with this machine several years and still my favorite but hear goes. I almost always run audio on 3 to help with the deep stuff. Am I corrects that a higher audio setting does not actually "see" a deeper target say a target at 10 inches but rather just projects the sound louder through controller. Or another way an object buried at a depth at which both setting can sent it though the controller the higher one just does it at a higher volume. The reason I ask if Im in an areas where the pickins are slim it starts to get in your head and you start thinking about setting audio way up if you've already adjusted your other setting that help with depth. Thanks

I think you have it right... the audio response setting, at its highest, makes all the target responses sound off with the same volume. As it's lowered, the volume of responses from the deeper targets gets quieter, so you can use a response's relative volume to estimate the target's depth.

Yeah, turning up the audio response makes targets louder. At maximum, all targets will sound like they are on the surface. Hard to tell depth of target at all. Setting a high target response can also amplify noise and cause the Deus to be hard on the mind after a while. You could set up your program with a relatively high audio response and then set up the same program with a much lower audio response and set that program just above or under the one with the high audio response. You could then hunt in the higher audio response program and when you hit a target, you could hit the + or - button and switch to the other program and with a lower target response, you could get a better idea of the depth of the target based on the volume. This versitility of the Deus is why I love it so much! So many different ways to set it up and adjust on the fly.

You are right about it raising the volume of the target. I run mine at 3-4 all the time. The only reason I don't run it higher is that it tends to mess up the tones. Hunting for targets based on the faintness of the target response is a terrible way to hunt. You are much further ahead to have the volume at a level high enough to hear ALL TARGETS detected by the coil and then to decide how deep they are with the Horse Shoe and the Shovel. Get out there