Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

August off to a silver start - 45 minute hunt

tonym

6:00am - root canal on tooth
7:00am - visit to barber shop
7:30am-10:30am - raining out (YES!)
11:15am arrive/start hunt at small park .3 miles from my house
11:22am dug 1914 barber dime
11:27am dug 1935 merc (3 touching footsteps from barber)
- also picked up 3 wheats (1919, 1930, 1952) and 4 memorial pennies

left at noon as park gets a little busy with people eating lunch

I'll be back tomorrow bright and early.

Mind if I visit your park sometime??? Seriously, super nice finds. Hope I have a "gold" start to my August but anything will do for me.

That barbie if freaking amazing XF at least. And the merc lol did you scratch it? Awesome finds nonetheless.

runninnavaho said:
That barbie if freaking amazing XF at least. And the merc lol did you scratch it? Awesome finds nonetheless.

I can't say that I put those gougues in the merc for sure. I am very careful when I dig. I did look at the face when I dug it and was amazed at the gouges. I am fairly experienced and usually know when I hit a coin, which does happen every so often.

The barber is not bad. IMHO, it would grade to about Fine(1:geek:. Falls between F15 and F18.

http://coinauctionshelp.com/Barberdime_grading.html#.UfrN5o3vVzw

I have dug 7 barber dimes and that is probably my 2nd best one condition wise. I found a 1903 this year that is just BEAUTIFUL!!