Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to hunting

Steveaw

[size=medium]Well it's been a few years but I finally broke down and got a detector again. I wanted the T2 but settled for a 505 from Wal-Mart until I can afford the T2.
I actually found my first wheaties today. 1919, 1936, and 1948 I think they are. And those right in the yard. Hoping that this is a god omen. HH to all.[/size]

I went out for a hort time this morning and popped another wheatie out of the ground. I'm pleasantly surprised at the 505 performance. I know it's a branded Sharpshooter II but I had one of those as my last detector and went over this same area with no results. Maybe the time that I was without a detector gave me time to study a bit more but at any rate I am pleased so far. The only problem I seem to be having is pinpointing the coins. My first detector was a tracker IV and I became familiar enough with it to pretty much stick my knife in the ground and pop the coins out but now I'm having a little trouble in this area.
Any way happy huntin to all of you and it's great to be back to detecting.

Thats great Steve, sounds like you're getting off to a good start.I'm sure when you learn your detector better you'll be pinpointing like you did with the other detector.
HH, Dave

I sure hope so. It just takes timeI guess.
I found a little more clad today and another wheatie. Went to my uncles to help him with his comp and he wanted to try it for a while. I dug an old grocery store token for a 5

I just got back into MDing three months ago. I came back after a 23 year brake.

I have really taken off in the last month or so. I've learned a lot from these forums. I'm not kidding. The FINDS TREASURE FORUMS have some really knowledgeable people helping us out. If you keep reading, you will find really good information from a variety of of people.

I have a Quick Draw II, which is like a Wal-Mart 202. The QD II is a coin magnet. I've found several pieces of jewelry in the last month. I've also done some relic hunting. It gets the job done.

Pin pointing with the QD II is supposed to be harder than the 505 because the QD II doesn't have a pin point mode. I got use to it. I can't poke it with a screw driver, but a lot of times I shove my digger in the ground and a coin will be looking right at me.

I know one thing about MDing. If you enjoy it, your effort will be reflected in your finds.

Happy hunting

Getting a little better at pinpointing my targets. Today I found a 1928 wheat cent, 1936 S wheat cent, and 10 dimes, all modern.

Wheat pennies are hard to come by around here. I find one every now and then. I'm looking forward to doing some hunting around an old home site that I discovered in the woods. It's over grown and when the annuals die and the bugs aren't so bad. I'm getting out there.

For now I'm hunting jewelry in play grounds and doing some relic hunting in woods that aren't so over grown with under brush. When I get real sweaty I usually head for the house.

Frustration is the enemy, diligence is the key and confidence will succeed.

Happy hunting

david in AR
* Cibola, Quick Draw II *

You know. I have gone over this same area with a sharpshooter II and had never found a wheatie in my life. I got this one last week, a 505, and finding wheat cents everywhere. Good luck to you in your hunting and God bless.