Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Baseball field gold

Larbear2

Got out for a couple of hours last night after the rain stopped. It looked like there was a chance of rain at any time so I grabbed the AT PRO, had the 5x9 coil on it. Did a quick search of the baseball field and a few other areas. There wasn’t enough time to do a nice grid of any areas.

Near the right field foul line, I got a 71 repeatable signal down about 3 inches. I was very happy to retrieve this 6 gram 10K wedding band! Found a small amount of clad to go with it.

Pro zero, iron 32, 2 bars down on sensitivity. GL & HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 374
Good hit on the gold band. Kind of ironic, last Mon. I hit 2 gold and silver combo rings 6" apart in an area where people lay on blankets in the shade of a big tree. Both read as a zinc cent. Not meaning to hijack your post. You are on a good roll, keep it rolling. HH jim tn

Good hit on the gold band. Kind of ironic, last Mon. I hit 2 gold and silver combo rings 6" apart in an area where people lay on blankets in the shade of a big tree. Both read as a zinc cent. Not meaning to hijack your post. You are on a good roll, keep it rolling. HH jim tn

Congrats! On a nice score, gotta love it when good things come in twos. And they were zinc targets. I try to dig most zinc target, but sometimes I get tired of digging them and start skipping them. Sometimes I wonder how much good stuff I might have passed over.

I used to skip most of them as well. Then, 1 turned into a nice 10k class ring. Since, a lot of nice gold has come in that range. HH jim tn

Larbear, gotta give you credit on digging that signal. What happened to me was I hit a low target something less than a penny with a Gti 1500 back in 2002 or around. Turned out was a 10K class ring. So I dug that number for another ten years or so, nada. I quit. Now I wonder what I've missed. Good for you on that ring, you earned it.

Thanks Dancer. I remember when I dug that target, the vdi number didn’t seem that great, but the tone was good. So, of course I was very happy that I dug it to see what it was. For the last year or so, I have been digging more targets than before, sometimes just to see what I would have missed if I had not dug. I remember one time I dug what I thought was going to be a zinc cent based on what the vid was telling me. It turned out to be a nickel and a quarter in the same hole. Surprise!