Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries: Rechargeable vs. Disposable

OK... I have a Garret Master Hunter that eats batteries... it takes 6 C cell batteries... How do the newer high capacity rechargeable batteries hold up time-wise VS. good quality alkelines.. What are your opinions?

Modern rechargeable even the best are not as good as top quality disposable alkalines such as duracells or energizers not even near. I would say on the other hand a good recheargable is almost as good as your average disposable alkaline. does that make sense to you. This is just my own experience and opinion. I am sold on recheargable alkalines which i prefer.:)

ON my Digital Camera I get many more shots from high power rechargeables than I do with Duracells, I was wondering if the same will be true with the detector

You can't recharge an alkaline.

The NiCads have less mah availavble than alkalines, but the NiMH are now beating them handily. Lithiums are the current top producers (pardon the pun). Not all are rechargable. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are great, but get dangerously hot if not monitored well when recharging; especially with a rapid-charger. Our model airplane flying club (and others) have banned the recharging of them at the club because of the fire risk.

I'm sold on the NiMH variety for detectors and cameras.

Running disposables takes the profit out of treasure hunting.:nono:
recheargable are cheaper. :) I like to sit down and program my detector in the house with the backlight on the screen knowing it aint costing me a penny (dime). Because i know i can top up my high powered recheargable alkalines in about ten minutes max. :lol:

I have had my XLT for about 3 years now. I am still using the original battery that came with it. A new re-chargable is expensive, about 50 dollars, but cheaper in the long run.