Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BATTERY LIFE and YOU...

DavHut

This was asked on another forum and I thought it was notable, worth spreading around a little. The asker wanted to know, on average how long rechargeables could be expect to last, as he was used to using them on other models. Here was the response:

"In general, it is usually said that rechargeable batteries don't offer the length of service, per charge, that alkalines or even good heavy duty ones do. The best way to know is to test them for yourself in your detector.

But, please no offence, what does it matter? This talk about battery life interests me every time it surfaces. I mean, have you priced them lately? They're cheap! - I bought a pack of 24 AA alkalines yesterday for $4.66 ($.19 cents apiece). Besides, I always find enough coins and change to buy more when the current ones decline in usefulness.

Too, aside from intital entry costs, this has got to be the cheapest hobby for a man (or woman) to pursue I've ever seen or enjoyed - and the chance to find some items of real value truly exists. The late H. Glenn Carson equated metal detectors to magic or alchemy. "You put in the cheap chemical energy found in batteries," he would say, "and you get back silver, gold and other treaures."

Wanna spend some serious dough on your pastimes? Try golf or model airplanes. It can all be seen as relative.

I'd like to offer this tidbit, to you and to all the others who dwell on the subject of battery life, if I may:

Follow the manual's advice, either use good cells or charge up your renewable ones and then get to it! The world is your oyster and there are pearls to be found, my friend.

However, I have a foolproof way to never have to worry about battery life again, when you are afield. EVER again. It's amazingly simple, foolproof, ultra-effective and you can literally guarantee that your batteries will always have sufficient energy to operate your detector. Here it is:

Carry a spare set in your pocket and in your possibles bag. Then get out and enjoy your great pastime, without any worries."

David
Aiken, SC

Have a Merry Christmas!

Dave

And if you really want to spend money, get yourself really involved in Ham Radio. It doesn't have to, but if you want it to, it can put you in the poor house and maybe even get you alienated from your family. I'm lucky, I haven't allowed it to get to me that much. Merry Christmas to all...

Are you in Vermont, Dave? If so, what part. I'm originally a New Englander.

Wayne in Ocala, Florida