Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Pack

rotty23

Just ordered my Quattro but forgot to ask about battery pack...can I use the same pack for NimH as alkaline? or do I need a special pack?
Cant wait till Wendsday:D

Should work... Just have to pull the rechargables, charge, and back in..... Get the high
output batterys and that should help lenghten detectin' time... Thanks RichardnTn

Is now used on all the new Explorers and the Quattros for the rechargeable and the alkaline. When you get a new Explorer now you get 8 rechargeable batteries and a charger instead of a sealed battery pack that will charge all 8 at one time. The charger can be bought separate if you want to get high Mha batteries in the pack.
One thing I have seen with some of the higher output batteries is some are just a hair longer, so they are harder to get in the packs.

I bought an eight battery charger that charges either Nickel Metal Hydride or Nickel Cadmim. I prefer the nMh (Nickel Metal Hydride) because they don't have a memory problem like the Ni cads but just like they're saying, just take em out of the battery holder and charge them up. I went and bought a second empty battery pack from Kellyco for about 15 bucks and I have two sets of eight so I always have a spare set. Just check em from time to time if you need to touch them up on the charger. I like the convienence of having the two separate battery packs so when one goes dead I just grab the other one out of my detector bag. They seem to last a good while before recharging. Beats the heck out of buying new alkalines all the time, in my opinion, and they seem to have enough juce to do the job.

Thanks guys...I had bought 8 NimH batteries and a charger for my Musky but wasnt sure if I could use them in the standard battery holder on the Quattro