Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery question for all 3 elements

rarysgaard

I read the manual on charging and it says 2 hrs.& 15 minutes for the coil, 3 hrs. for both the control module & headphones. My question is this, every time I hunt I recharge all 3 elements, the coil, headphones & control module.I learned the hard way when my coil quit on me. When the coil is fully charged it starts blinking, but how do you know when the headphones & control module are fully charged? Should I leave them on the charger for another 45 minutes? Will I damage them if they are overcharged?.

Good questions Ray. The control unit and headphones blink a 3-segmented charge indicator. When all 3 all display, then it's charged (pg 32 manual). Page 35 says not to leave the batteries charging unnecessarily.

Here is a link for technical info on lithium batteries, which is a bit too much info, but it explains that lithium absorbs what it can and overcharging just induces stress. So to preserve the battery life, I keep an eye on the charging progress and remove the devices as they show full charge.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Best regards,

I am still confused. Do the control unit & headphones blink? I charge all three and all I have ever noticed was the control coil blinking when fully charged.

rarysgaard said:
I am still confused. Do the control unit & headphones blink? I charge all three and all I have ever noticed was the control coil blinking when fully charged.

during charging, the battery icons on the controller and the headphones will be animated. when they are fully charged the battery icons will stay black.

I have both the control unit and the headphones powered off when I charge them and I see a charging symbol just like the top of page 32 in the manual. It flashes on and off in the headphone display but I'm concerned with the amount of charge, not the flashing. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yes