Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery question

The multi Kruzer has just been released on the market so I would say no battery replacement yet. It is a new detector.

John 71 said:
On the make a multi Kruger have you replace the battery? and how long did it last?
I'm evaluating all sorts of different Alkaline batteries and currently my Multi-Kruzer has a set of four alkalines that are Western Family brand from the local grocery store. I have almost 38 hours run-time on them and still had a couple of battery bars when I shut it down the other day. Due to weather, daylight limitations and other factors most of my hunting has been shorter run-times and not long, full-day searches, but like my Racer 2 and Nokta CoRe and Relic devices, I get ample operation out of any decent-performing alkaline battery.

We're going to have a rainy week here and my hunting opportunities will be brief sessions but I'll probably be changing to a fresh set of alkaline batteries by the end of the week and ready for a lot of hunting coming up with a fresh set of juice for the Multi-Kruzer.

Monte

John71
The multi Kruzer comes with a 3700mAh lithium polymer internal battery. The Kruzer has a two year warranty. You can also run the Kruzer on 4 AA batteries with a external power supply. I have not heard of anyone replacing the internal battery as of yet. My internal battery has given me aprox. 12 hours run time per charge. I run all frequencies and the back light.

Carolina

Monte said:
I'm evaluating all sorts of different Alkaline batteries

I think that would make a great new sticky/topic to post. Rayovac batteries have performed well for me in 9v over the years and are relatively cheap at Walyworld, if you test that brand, please let us know.

On the other hand, I have had problems with Rayovac several times over the years,
including leakage and poor performance. So I try to avoid them. Maybe I've just
had some bad luck, but I'm just throwing this out there.

I totally understand. 9v aren't common anymore, and as such, have a limited source manufacturer. Quality/performance always varies with who makes what and for what application.

Really, i'd love to see any tests results of any name or bargain brand batteries, more info the better.

I use Walmart Brand for AA and the 9 volts, not sure who makes them now. If I recall they were being made by EverReady Energizers

I've toyed with the idea of getting the battery pod for the Kruzer and running it. I have 2 sets of Eneloops and heard the pod balances the unit even more.

Heck, on the side, it would take a load off of the internal battery.

I have the external battery pod but have not used it yet. On my Racer 2 I use the Pep Boys AA batteries and they work great. They are 8 dollars for 24. Their 9 volt batteries of the same type run out quicker then something like an Energizer, and they are 7 dollars for 4. When I run out of AA 's I think I'll purchase some Eneloops. The Kruzer internal battery runs down pretty quickly on 5khz, but man is it deep.

Dr. Witty said:
I use the Pep Boys AA batteries.

I'll have to try those, $7/4 is awesome for 9v. I can use them in my Nokta pinpointer, thanks

I use white 2100 mah eneloop rechargeables AA's for my Impact and have no complaints. I've also been running 9v 600 mah EBL rechargeables in my pointers, and G2+. Good investment IMHO.

If you have the battery pod for the Kruzer then your best buy is the RNB rechargable battery for the AT Pro models. I bought one and use it in my Kruzer pod. It last for many hunts and is around $75