Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery set-up

A

Anonymous

Hello,everyone..
Great site.I live in Costa Rica,and there is a big vacume on techno supplys.Could I get some Ideas on a power pack for my sd2200d converted to 12v.There is not any choice on Batteries for 500 miles.I found a 1000000 candle power spot light here for about $17.00 which has an rechargable sealed lead-acid batt.rated at 6v.4ah. by doubleing up on these I get my 12v.but!will I get 8AHs or does it remane 4??
Thanks for any input.Ken.

Hi Ken,
If you wire the two batteries in series then you will get 12v @ 4Ah.
However, if you wire the batteries in parallel, you will get 6V @ 8Ah.
Mark

Raz.
Well,thanks for that.The way I understand the rule of thumb,is 4Ah will get you 4 hours detecting and the ideal would be a 7Ah min.for a day on the dirt.Is that right?(for theSd2200d)..I bought 2 new 12v-7Ah Batts when I left the Capital(San Jose)last year for the Southern Zone(Golfito)But one just gave up the Ghost from sitting around(and bad care)and the one I said I wanted to set-up was going to be for a second day in the field,(one per day).. there is some places here,where one has to leave the car behind,so I can't just recharge off my car with-out a hike out.The BIG problem here is ordering out of Country(ask Doc)The Shipping is VERY pricey,and they have outrageous Import Duties.Thats why I don't just order Those HEAVY little Mothers.Enough.Ken

Battries in series the voltages are added and the current is the rate of the weakest battery.

<BLOCKQUOTE>The way I understand the rule of thumb,is 4Ah will get you 4 hours detecting and the ideal would be a 7Ah min.for a day on the dirt.Is that right?(for theSd2200d)..</BLOCKQUOTE>
I am not sure about the current draw of the SD2200. I would imagine it would be in the order of 600mA or so when running from the standard 6V battery.
I am guessing the 12V modification simply regulates the 12V from the battery to something like 7.2V for the SD2200. If so, then I would expect the current draw from the 12V battery to be slightly more than half of what it is on a 6V battery, maybe 350mA or so.
Note; the above figures are just educated guesses. The actual figures could be more/less.

Raz.
Thanks for all that.Things are getting clearer.Your educated guess was right on, about my machine power useage and all.I have one toy store here to check-out,I was told that they sell those Electric powered Kiddie-cars(little Jeeps)That the Rug-Rats jump in and tear up the front lawn with.And if not that,then maybe a 550kl Bus ride to the Big Apple(San Jose).
Ken

Klondike,like I told Raz,thanks for the in-put and how's this for a question,Has anyone ever got a signal on ANY type of Pottery(Minelabs) I'm thinking maybe some ancient Pre-Columbian stuff might have been made with some type of high mineral(Iron?)Clays.
Maybe I should Post this as a subject on a Treasure Hunting site?enough,Ken