Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunter ID problem

A

Anonymous

Here's my problem. I have the Whites Beach hunter ID It's a pretty good machine except for one big problem. It will not detect a gold necklace. I have tried several different types of gold chains, Nothing. I have been testing it with my 14kt rope chain and if I use the all metal function I can barely get a slight hit so faint that you can barely hear it. If I use the disc function I get absolutely nothing. I have tried laying the chain straight out. I have tried putting it in a loop. and putting it all together in a ball and still nothing. I have tried on top of the ground, in the ground, air test, and zero zip nothing. The sad part is my Garrett ace 250 hits it loud and clear. I called whites and the company I bought this machine from and they say oh yeh this machine won't pick up a necklace unless it's under ideal conditions ie: heavy build up of minerals around it. I feel like I made a big mistake with this detector. It will pick up everything else coins pulltabs etc. I would like to get some advice from you all if I could. Or is this typical of this type of detector. Thank you.

especially on a salt water beach. Your Garrett probably ain't worth dog crap on a salt beach. If your hunting fresh water, you probably could have picked a better machine, but if your ocean hunting, don't let a gold chain bust your bubble, there's plenty of other gold that it will find.

THE LINKS ARE OF A FAIR SIZE OR IT HAS A GOOD SIZE CLASP. THE ONLY WAY I GET THE SMALL ONES IS WITH SENSITIVITY MAXED AND THE BLACK SAND SWITCH FLIPPED.EVEN THEN I GET A ODD SIGNAL AND THE ITEM MUST BE SHALLOW.ITS SEEMS TO ME THAT THE BEACH HUNTER SHOULD AT LEAST WORK AS WELL AS THE CLASSIC III. I HAVE FOUND JUST 14K CLASP THAT BROKE OFF CHAINS THAT WERE ONLY A LITTLE BIGGER THAN A PENCIL ERASER.I ALSO JUST CHANGED MY HEAD SET TO A BETTER SET WITH VOLUME CONTROLL THIS SEEMS TO BE MAKING A HUGE IMPROVEMENT.HOPE YOU CAN GET SOME HELP FROM WHITES WITH THIS ISSUE.DID YOU TEST IT ON SMALL RINGS? GOOD LUCK GB

Thanks for the information. I still love the thrill of the hunt, no matter what I find.

Small to medium gold chains are hard for just about any detector except maby gold machines. My MXT is has a prospect mode. It reads mine like 0 to 10 on the ID which is were steel wire to low foil is and that is in the air. It might get one on the surface but that is about it. I think most chains are found by the clasp or whats attached to them.
I have been hunting for a long time and have never found a gold or silver chain cept eyeballing one on the ground.