Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter ID

A

Anonymous

Was wondering if anyone has experience with the beach hunter id. Pro and cons. How well is does it compare to other machines in salt water?
Will post this question in the beach forum also.

Nice machine. Havn't used other machines so I can't compare.The coil does float but that can be cured with a sock full of sand wraped around the bottom stem of the coil.

Sandpiper, I picked up a used BHID last year on ebay only because I looking for a waterproof unit. I took it to the beach only to fine that the mineralization at my local beaches was too high for this detector. I talked to the owner of the local detector shop and he told me that his store did not carry the detector because of high mineralization at the local beaches. I have use the BHID at local Parks & schools and it works very well, but not at the beach here in southern California. I now use a Whites PI Pro for water and wet sand hunting and a DFX for dry beach sand, Parks & Schools. I still have the BHID if you would like to give it a try before spend the big bucks!
HH Terry and good LUCK!

Thanks, Ken NEPA , and Terry SoCal for the offer and the inputs to my question. I live in Florida, beach is not too bad as I now use the MXT or XLT on dry sand as well as the upper wet sand. Thinking that the beach hunter will work fine here from replies received. HH to all.