Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Lead Poisoning....

A

Anonymous

Didn't get out this weekend, but with my Eagle's losing the Superbowl last night, I took Monday off to get over my depression. Good low tide at noon found me back where our gang has been finding some older stuff, plus alot of fishing sinkers from the recent beach replenishment project.
First few hours were quiet - a few coins and two silver rings. Seems the weekend hunters did a good job of clearing out the high / cut areas. But then as the tide went out I got down to a nice hole where I couldn't put down my S-12 coil without a signal. Spent the next 2 hours doing nothing but digging sinkers (and hoping each one was a gold ring). Alas, no gold, but I did lug home 66 large sinkers and another 22 small ones, weighing ~ 22 pounds (352 oz's). Plus one huge chunk of lead that wieghed another 5 lbs. Total in two hunts at this beach, nearly 200 sinkers with a total weight of over 35 lbs (560 ozs)...
Most will be melted down by a club member that uses the lead for his black powder shooting range. Boy, will he be weighed down after this months meeting.
Also found some neat brass ship fittings, spikes, bolts, etc. as well as one beat watch and about $ 2 in clad. A good workout all in all.
HH
Dan in SJ
PS: Oh yeah, almost forgot the "big find" of the day. The lower end of an outboard motor! Don't find many of them on a swimming beach...looks to be a small HP unit, maybe 25 HP. Still, it was too heavy to haul around all day. But it's got alot of bra$$ on it, so I moved it from it's hole to the end of the wood pile jetty just north of the Trop if anyone local want's to go salvage it!