Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach scoops for the handy man

Jim Pa

Get a piece of plastic construction gas or water line pipe.6 or 7 inch diameter.Wrap with 1/2 screen to spray paint grids.Hold screen in place with electrical tie ons.Drill your holes in the grid openings.3/8 or 1/2 inch.I used plexi glass to cement to bottom and drilled the same way.Let enough room up front to form the scoop part.For the long handle I have both wood and a 3/4 inch plastic mop handle.Both will float up.I secured the handle with 4 heavy electrician tie ons to the bottom of the scoop.This way there is no metal and you just wave it over your coil to see if you have your target.It also saves your back.Hope it helps.Make sure you use the construction pipe,strong as steel.

Jim Pa