Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beachscan 2

alfred

Hi,
I have just bought a Beachscan 2 detector because I fancy having a go on the beaches for the first time. I have read the manual and it does not seem to say anything about what the Sat speed control. I would be most appreciative if somebody on the forum can put me on the straight and narrow onto how to use this machine as I really want to get out and use it but don't know how to set it up for the best performance. A friend of mine told me these are great detectors and will find me lots of goodies on the beach......I hope he is right. Many thanks.

I asked the same question on here about 7 months ago, here is the respone to my question.
************************************************************************************************************
Eric Foster Beach Scanner
Posted by: Bob (West of Tampa) [ Send a Message ]
Date: August 22, 2010 02:27PM Registered: 5 years ago

I have a Beach Scanner with 8 and 11 inch coils. Haven't really used it much. Are the coils water proof? Any suggestions on settings using this detector on Florida beaches?

Thanks, Bob

Reply Quote ReportRe: Eric Foster Beach Scanner
Posted by: UK Brian [ Send a Message ]
Date: August 23, 2010 03:02AM Registered: 5 years ago

Its a Beachscan PI. This was the first P.I. I ever used on the Florida beaches and I used the 11" loop all the time for the extra depth.

The control box is weatherproof and the coils fully waterproof so you don't have any worries.

Threshold/audio control is supposed to be set about mid way. You can run the detector in the silent range but this does reduce detection depth. If near a busy road or the waves/wind are noisy set high enough so you can still hear the deeper targets.

The reject control adjusts the pulse frequency and alters the characteristics of the machine in that at the minimum (MIN) position the detector is optimised for the best sensitivity to small/thin items. MAX setting improves performance on larger items but will reject some small/thin wanted items which will not now give an audio response. Though your in Florida I've lots of Spanish hammered coins from your beaches so its not clear cut as to which setting might be best. Large gold ring or more interesting hammered ? It depends what your more interested in.
Set halfway between the two extremes you have a more balanced response which is better for general searching.

This control is also the way to minimise any interference near towns or nearby detector users as it changes the frequency.

Though an older pulse machine (mid 90's) its performance and light weight mean it still delivers the goods. Best of luck.

Reply Quote ReportPlus discrimination...
Posted by: UK Brian [ Send a Message ]
Date: August 25, 2010 02:24AM Registered: 5 years ago

One other plus is you can discriminate out iron and still pick up most of the gold rings.

Hi

I had Beachscan, two potentiometers
Very good machine
Reject at least,
audible just audio threshold
Good hunting

Hello I know this is a old thread but I have the same beach scan detector but it seems to not be working properly when I switch it on it dings then fades to a quite ding but then I try adjusting the volume or threshold and nothing happens would anyone have any ideas on what the problem is please thankyou ollie