Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beating a dead horse to death ((perhaps))

Dan-Pa.

Do remember the X-terra with the big head over the hand grip and a small set of legs makes it easy to topple over and the control head will take the brunt of the fall and may be heading off to repair..
Plugger using heat has done a good job increasing stability but I went one step farther..Just wasn't satisfied with the extra stand so heres what I done..Took the black stand used on old Whites and heated it so it mated with the top armrest, went to a hardware store and picked up a slightly longer bolt( its metric ) turned out to be a a pro looking mod and with a six inch base can't kick it over. Might be minor to you but to me protecting my investment and having down time while enroute for repair from a jar toppling over is. Total cost about 2 bucks and with snow on the ground lots of downtime to get my units ready for next season..

I used these short stand on my Sovereign and Excalibur rods (for hip mounting mostly). The legs are about 6" apart at the widest point and have rubber feet. With this rod I can turn the meter head right or left for easy viewing for both righties and lefties. It's fun to share our creations, isn't it? HH,

Bill

It is great how you come up with all these different ideas to make something better. You have another stand too that is more of a clip on that I have on my MXT that works good too and don't know why it wont work on the X-Terra too , you should post a picture of that one too.
May have to have you make one of those shaft for my X-Terra too, looks like a nice set up. I sure know for my Sovereign XS it sure made a world of difference as far a weight with that shaft.

Rick

I think the feet may be a little far back and goof up my swing but not having it in my hands don't know..Mine is simply a snap on detector stand from 85 or so used on Whites. Dealer was a little reluctant to part with it as he can not replace..Its black and I heated it up to widen the top and the top of the armrest mates with it and had to get a slightly longer metric bolt and of course drill a hole thru it..Sorry no camera but it has a 6 inch spread and looks quite professional to me. Matter of fact if I had a picture would send to Minelab U.S.A. to show them what their stand should look like.
Heck this detector will never topple over and I am a bit clumsy at times...