Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Believe I have solved the steel bottle cap issue:cheers:

Mike Hillis

The T2 responding to steel bottle caps like high coins is really the only wart the T2 has. Yes....there are a couple of unsightly moles but this is the only wart.

Really been bothering me but I hadn't time to do anything about it between work, chores and church activities.

But tonight I sat down and started air testing. Those of you that know me know that I really get into my air testing :nerd:

I went through the tub I keep all the junk in that I keep just for testing purposes and found a steel bottle cap and started testing.

I left the disc setting at the preset level of 10, raised the sensitivity to 80.

I had taped the bottle cap onto the two foot wooden ruler I use just for air testing to make sure I can replicate sweep speeds and began sweeping the cap over the coil. I oriented the bottle cap both right side up and up side down. In every mode the cap would read in the zinc range with bounces up into the dime+ range, or if I stayed close enough to the coil to stay within the large signal range, it would stay up in the dime range.

I tried various sweep speeds, edge pass sweeps etc. with out any repeatable success. Then I tried bobbing the cap over the coil. That made a significant change. While sweeping can cause the cap to read as anywhere from zinc to high coin, bobbing move the id down into the nickel and tab range :shock: Whats this? :nerd: Both right side up and upside down, bobbing the cap reduced the reading down into the tab and nickel range.

Well....put the cap on the floor and bobbed the coil over the cap with the same results. Is this significant or is this normal? So I took a dime. Sweeping the dime accross the coil gives a 82 reading. Bobbing the coil over the dime resulted in different readings depending upon the distance from the coil. Within the large signal range, the dime stayed in the 80s. Decreasing the signal strength with distance resulted in the id dropping down to 79-78-77 readings. The dime dropped a max of 5 numbers.

Bobbing the coil over the cap resulted in readings down into the mid 50s to mid 60s. Consistantly. The cap dropped a max of 25 numbers.

All audio modes worked the same.

The secret to identifying steel bottle caps is to simply take a moment to center the coil and bob the coil a time or two over the target and see how far the number drops. If it stays in the zinc range up...its a coin. If it drops down into the tab range, its a steel bottle cap.

Do you have to do this on every high coin signal? No way... just when you are hunting in a steel bottle cap infested area.

Did someone ask for some wart remover? :angel:

I'll talk about the moles later after folks get used to a wartless machine :cool:

That's the same thing I was doing to get the Fe304 spike, but I wasn't paying attention to the VDI numbers. Have you tried it on rusty caps in the ground yet to see if the air-tests carry over there too ? Would be interesting to see if they do the same in heavier iron mineralization.

Ralph

Not yet. Thats the next step. That much change in air as compared to a ground canceled signal should still be significant and identifiable. Even rusty in my ground should give a significant amount of change as to make it identifiable. A 25 number drop is not going to easily be hidden by ground strength or oxidation.

I suspect we will find out very soon :crazy:

I wonder what they've done to this one that keeps it from bouncing those rusty bottlecaps from low iron up into high coins. Something there seems to be negating the so-called "wrap-around" effect seen with some other machines on the really rusty caps. Sure is different, whatever it is.

Ralph

I don't think it will harm any pull tabs. :shrug:

To anyone out there.
I stumbled across this site by chanch. Because I was looking for
emformation on the mark 1 that I had back in the1980s.
I did not know that teknetics had sold out.
and was woundering if there is a pamphlet or brochor for the T2.
If so would some one send me one please?

Don Higinbotham
912 S. McKinley
LaHarpe, KS 66751 diggercoins67@yahoo.com

Or maybe its because the T-2 is using a 2-D coil instead of a concentric coil-that can lead to discrimination problems.

You'll find alot more information on the T-2 right here on this forum than you could ever hope to find in a brochure or ad slick. Read Mike's >>>Teknetics T2 Report # 1 Features and Controls.(Views: 109) Mike Hillis -- 01/08/2006 10:53PM<<< by scrolling down below, as it covers most of the functions in great detail. Several other posts get down to the nitty-gritty of operation and performance. This forum has been up only a very few days, and there is aleady more posted here than you are likely to ever see written up in one of the magazine "field tests", and more than you are even likely to learn on your own without alot of field time trial and error. That is the beauty of forums like this where we can all put our heads together and discuss the advantages and disadvantages, operating tips, and various ideas about new machines like the T-2. That's just something you don't see in commercialized promotions or short articles.

Ralph

Hi ralph

Man you are right about all the info on the t2 here. it's great that you and mike and others have taken the time to test and post the results. Thanks buddy, This is a great forum for the t2.

Don

Thanks Mike, I have tried raising the coil, but really never tried pumping it. I'll give that a shot and see how it works out. Do you think it will work the same in wet/moist conditions?

Many times a badly corroded bottlecap will null-out when you go to pin point.