Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beltplate

A

Anonymous

I found a belt plate with the date 1852 separated by the word Oak Ridge. Just wondering if you might knowanything about it and if it might have some kind of value. It sure was exciting to find it.

Here's a picture of the beltplate. Sorry if the image is too big this is my first time ever trying to upload a picture of any kind.

For some reason it strikes me funny, maybe because of the black and white picture. Was it dug with period items? Does it have any type of patina? I don't know much about CW relics but I hope it's a good one for ya. I sure would get a rush outta diggin one that's for sure.

If it's not a reproduction it's one heck of a nice find!

I was using a fisher cz7apro model detector and dug this up from approximately 11 inches. The beltplate is bronze with a slight green patina. I also found an 1870 indian head penny and an arrowhead in the same vicinity and a pre 1930 dog tax license tag. i don't know anything about it but it was cool to find anyway.

picture better because the other looks like it has been really scrubbed up and that could lower its value. If it is not a repo it should have some good value.