Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best coil for the GPX 4500

cookie58

Which is the better coil for the GPX 4500. This is, of course, in a relic hunting situation. Is the Detech Spiral 15" better than the 18" DD Minelab? Unless you nugget hunters can tell me how and where I may find them here in East Tennessee...…...Thank you. What settings do you use with the bigger coils?

Are you looking for depth? If so the larger the coil the better. Mono coils will punch deeper than DD, but there is no discrimination with them. Nexus have brought out a concentric 21" coil for the GPX, its like two coils in one. The outer coil ring acts like a mono when switched to deep mode. When switched to hot ground both the outer and inner coils come into play to enable discrimination. This coil has two cables coming from it into a switch box which in turn connects to the GPX coil socket. This switch box has two settings, 'hot ground' and 'deep mode'.
I don't have this coil yet but I do have a collection of coils Mono, Anti Interference and DD. Including Minelab, Coiltek, Nuggetfinder and Deep tech.

Are you looking for depth? If so the larger the coil the better. Mono coils will punch deeper than DD, but there is no discrimination with them. Nexus have brought out a concentric 21" coil for the GPX, its like two coils in one. The outer coil ring acts like a mono when switched to deep mode. When switched to hot ground both the outer and inner coils come into play to enable discrimination. This coil has two cables coming from it into a switch box which in turn connects to the GPX coil socket. This switch box has two settings, 'hot ground' and 'deep mode'.
I don't have this coil yet but I do have a collection of coils Mono, Anti Interference and DD. Including Minelab, Coiltek, Nuggetfinder and Deep tech.
Do you have a Coiltech A I coil? If so does it act the same as the Coiltech A I coils? I have a 14" Coiltech A I coil and cant find anything with it.

Do you have a Coiltech A I coil? If so does it act the same as the Coiltech A I coils? I have a 14" Coiltech A I coil and cant find anything with it.
Hey Tim. I read about your health problems. Glad to hear you are digging again. That is an older post and I don't even have the GPX anymore. I went with the XP Deus 2 because of the weight difference and the shoulders. Glad to hear from you.

Hey Tim. I read about your health problems. Glad to hear you are digging again. That is an older post and I don't even have the GPX anymore. I went with the XP Deus 2 because of the weight difference and the shoulders. Glad to hear from you.
Thanks buddy. I'm glad to be able to get back at it.