Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best machine for jewelry on lamd

Acornhead

Hey everyone. Just wondering if people could suggest the best machine for gold jewelry on land. I have a E track so I’m not worried about coins just jewelry in parks.Thanks

Hey everyone. Just wondering if people could suggest the best machine for gold jewelry on land. I have a E track so I’m not worried about coins just jewelry in parks.Thanks
Acorn, I got to tell ya that hunting these parks digging only Jewelry could make for a very long day. So you want a machine that only sees Gold/Silver. Huh ? A few of us have found that brings a few other goodies that fall into those areas. (tabs, can slaw, some pennies, needles & many more) So you can try this, notch out everything on your machine except what exactly your hunting.
Try that and get back to us with how it goes Good luck. You just never know.

Have fun

Attachments

• GOLD RING CHART.jpg
    GOLD RING CHART.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 266
Hey Spellan I know you’re gonna dig a lot of trash but I have an E track and it’s terrible jewelry. It’s a silver machine though. I had a DFX back in the day and did real well with jewelry. Bought a used one and it seems like a different machine. Just looking for the best machine that picks up gold. E-Trac is not that machine.

Well its horses for courses. I have had many detectors since 1977 43 years ago. The Whites v3i i have had since release 2009 updated from the v3 to v3i. Now if you coin & jewellery with correllate with span at 1 and use frequency offset going up and down the scale from -5 through to =5 this is your fine tuning. You will find that at 1 you will be able to get some fine gold rings but no foil or pulltabs or aluminium .The way i use it is set it up -2 through to = 19 this is my first program with discrim accepted to =22 the tones accepted to 19 with the rest blocked out. Sensitivity set so you are just at grass root depth. As you increase you spam and frequency offset you will have more rings and this will also start to bring in foil aluminium etc. If you are searching for gold chains best data is your go. I Have polar plot with a graph on the screen which tells me where foil is sitting and other targets. Recovery delay is also very important & resolution you will get a lot more about your target with resolution set at 1 using 3 frequencies. One other thing is to come down to a smaller coil i use the 7 inch mars dd it is incredible in sensitivity. After gridding a patch with string lines accross the grass i then go over the same area again with my second program for the larger gold rings. The v3i is an incredible detector and it does take some time to master but when you get the gist of what to put with what and you save it you only have to do some minor settings to suit the area of new ground you are going to search.

Try doing this with an Equinox 800 and you have not got a hope you can do it but you will be digging a heap more junk.

Thanks find dosh
Well its horses for courses. I have had many detectors since 1977 43 years ago. The Whites v3i i have had since release 2009 updated from the v3 to v3i. Now if you coin & jewellery with correllate with span at 1 and use frequency offset going up and down the scale from -5 through to =5 this is your fine tuning. You will find that at 1 you will be able to get some fine gold rings but no foil or pulltabs or aluminium .The way i use it is set it up -2 through to = 19 this is my first program with discrim accepted to =22 the tones accepted to 19 with the rest blocked out. Sensitivity set so you are just at grass root depth. As you increase you spam and frequency offset you will have more rings and this will also start to bring in foil aluminium etc. If you are searching for gold chains best data is your go. I Have polar plot with a graph on the screen which tells me where foil is sitting and other targets. Recovery delay is also very important & resolution you will get a lot more about your target with resolution set at 1 using 3 frequencies. One other thing is to come down to a smaller coil i use the 7 inch mars dd it is incredible in sensitivity. After gridding a patch with string lines accross the grass i then go over the same area again with my second program for the larger gold rings. The v3i is an incredible detector and it does take some time to master but when you get the gist of what to put with what and you save it you only have to do some minor settings to suit the area of new ground you are going to search.

Try doing this with an Equinox 800 and you have not got a hope you can do it but you will be digging a heap more junk.