Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best settings for the legend

sidney

I hunt in the fields and the woods in Hanover Virginia. Can you tell me the the best settings to use for Relic and old home site hunting. And others like park and around streams etc. .

Thanks and happy safe hunting.

Logic says the best settings are the factory field modes to start with and you may be able to improve on them as you learn the machine. Run ground tracking and frequency select(noise cancel) with sensitivity as high as it will allow and keep the manual in your back pocket for reference and experimentation. Only you can determine the best settings in the long run.

When you are in one of the relic modes, you are in the mode the engineers, with feedback from testers, decided was the best application. Same applies in the Park mode. Like sprchng said, only you can determine what works best for you where you are. If you think something might make it better, try it. There are plenty of options to do so.

One of the things I do when hitting a place Im unfamiliar with is to simply do a wandering pattern until I begin to hit targets.
Now this is a bit tedious but do a grid search in an area maybe 20’x20’ and then shift 90° and do the same area again. Dont dig. I have bright orange golf tees that I carry and simply place one down over a target. Now lets just say you are running all factory default in M1. Now research the area in M2 and see what if any changes/finds occur. Switch between F,G, and A modes.
After this go to a find not close to another and begin scanning while tinkering with recovery speeds, threshold, number of tones, etc. Once you tune the detector to your liking you can save to a profile and its there when you come back!!
Like I said tedious but it makes you work the tool to the job and it helps to answer your own question.