Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best "Sitting Down" day ever Wednesday with the DFX!!

Dale(Ia)

My hunting buddy Chris found us an old fairgrounds to hunt. Thanks Chris!!
My first seated half("75s), quarter('57p),two dimes(slick'84s& AU 89p)
Also "holed"'59 fatty,'83,'94,'95 Indians,and the two Merc's('16s,'23p),three Wheats("15d,'16s,'17d) we found at another site before we went to the fairgrounds.
Chris found a pristeen '91 seated dime,nice Barber dime, Merc, half a doz. Indians & some wheats.

What a day!!

Great Find's!!.
My question Is, and I am a newby!!,how do you go about cleaning your find's so well??. Any help would be a great help!!!. Thank You.
RJF

Man, THOSE finds would make my YEAR! Especially the seated quarter & Half .... both of which I have yet to find.
Fantastic finds!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, RJF! I was gone all weekend!
I only clean my coins with water and carefully with a soft toothbrush(after I have held them under the faucet to remove the heavy dirt) The main thing is to resist the temptation to "field clean" them by rubbing off the dirt with your fingers.If there is a water source nearby, you can hold the coin by the edges and swish them in the water to see the date. Around here the nickels and pennies come out of the ground so corroded that you can't hardly hurt them by field cleaning, but I still would'nt advise it.
Thanx for the nice comment! HH! Dale

Will Thank you Dale!!!
I tried a Salt and Vinager thing that I found In a magazine on a few of the coins that I have found, and now have three very Red Dimes. But anyway, your Tip Is just good old Common Sence. Thank You Much!!!
RJF

I haven't used it yet on these coins, but I have cut a real lemon and used that juice to remove the black oxidation marks on silver coins. However, I'm NOT going to try that on that "AU" '89 seated I found!! Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't--I usually put the juice on a rag and lightly rub the coin and them rinse it in clear water to neutralize it.Again, I wouldn't do this to a valuable coin! Dale