Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Bud

ME2dig

I have a Big Bud black box I purchased new in 1987. Hasn't been used much but thought it might be fun to use at a tot lot or in a trash area using the 2" blanker. I sent it off a couple of years ago & had it professionally cleaned & brought up to original specs. Not a killer on depth but test out around 7" with the 8" coil & 9" with a 12" hothead. Not bad for a 30 year machine & adequate for some sites.
I've read where whites 6.59khz coils will work on this detector since they operate at the same frequency. The 650 blue max seems to be a good choice but I would like a larger open face coil. I believe the Hothead Coil I have was produced for use on Whites detectors but just adapted to the Bud with an extension/adapter cable. I should be able to use that cable to adapt another Whites coil as well. Has anyone used Whites Coils on the Bud Series or even other Bounty Hunter Coils?????
This detector is a little unique in that it has the year 1987 on the faceplate of the target ID. In the trash area between the gold & silver zones is a picture of the bounty hunter pirate with 19 on his right side & 87 on his left. Definitely something different & makes it easy to remember when it was purchased.

I have used Whites and Bty Hunter both.
The modern Teknetics loops will work, like Omega model-the connector pushes in, but won't turn.
A big Nel night be interesting.............

You can only use the older Whites '6B' coils as the Bluemax series coils were different. I used the Whites coils and though they worked...the meter ID was off a bit. I currently own a big bud pro se and rare bounty hunter pro II.
Here is a photo of a big bud like yours and a photo of my rarity.

umax said:
Your Pro 2, what is it like in the field.

Similar to a Big Bud Pro. It's a bbp circuit board inside a big box Teknetics. The meter is just like a Teknetics 9000 coincomputer. Target ID and depth simultaneously. The added advantages are volume and adjustable target ID level. Highly mineralized ground will make the ID read differently and the adjustment knob can calibrate the correct settings. Identical to the big bud pro sed. Another advantage is the use of four 9V batteries. This eliminates the use of 14 AA batteries and the feeble battery clips.

I have a chance to purchase a Big Bud Pro cheap but the coil looks like it’s shot. Are you saying that you can still use the newer Teknetics coils? Thanks.

rollie29 said:
I have a chance to purchase a Big Bud Pro cheap but the coil looks like it’s shot. Are you saying that you can still use the newer Teknetics coils? Thanks.

You can use the coil off a Bounty Hunter Discovery series(1100/2200/3300) as the frequency is the same.