Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Coil, First Impressions

Took out the big coil for it's first day of hunting. The things that ended up "good" were 2 wheats and a 925 tiffany heart bracelet. Although the finds may not look like much, I am thoroughly impressed as they all came out of my "completely hunted out" park that my friend and I have been cleaning out for a couple of weeks. I have posted finds from this park recently and have clearly been posting less and less. The extra coverage of the big coil seemed to help full out another good handful of goodies. I don't know how we could have missed the stuff I found today as it was all found in areas we have beaten to death, and I mean to death. This hobby is sometimes a mystery to me but I am not complaining. Either way, the hunt went better than expected as I just wanted to prove to myself that the big coil could pull at least something out that we had missed but I never expected the quantity that I ended up bringing home.

Weight: After a full day of hunting I must report zero fatigue and my shoulder/back feel great. The weight difference is nothing to even mention nor discuss.

Battery life: The big coil did seem to use more juice over the course of the day than what the small coil uses. I have yet to run out of battery in a single day with the small coil but the big coil was showing low battery by the end of my hunt. I will keep an eye on it over the coming hunts and report of battery life more clearly but at this point I think the big coil uses up its battery a little faster than the stock coil. Its not a problem either way as I spent all day hunting and didn't run out.

Pinpointing: The big coil pinpoints extremely well. No issues there whatsoever.

Target separation: The separation is excellent. Its obviously not as razor sharp as the small coil but it is still fantastic.

Ground coverage: The big coil allows me to cover A LOT more ground. Although I really like the small coil, it can be slow going due to its size. I swapped between coils a couple times today and the difference was very noticeable. Again, there is NOTHING wrong with the small coil, but the big coil just takes everything that the Deus is and allows the user to speed up the process.

This is just my first impression of the big coil and I will be doing A LOT of testing with it over the coming months. I will be bringing it to Florida tomorrow for some solid beach testing. I will certainly keep in touch and share my experience with you as it comes. Thank you for reading and HH -Marc

Hey Marc, Wow! That is pretty impressive. Thanks for the report on the larger coil. Unless the iron or trash is above medium level it seems like it should be the "stock" coil for most situations. Good to know about the battery life...

Do you mean your other machines missed all that clad in that hunted out park too?