Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Honkin Square Nail Found.. only this one is brass

snaps

Sorry for no pic, but its a typical square nail 3 an 3/4 inches long w/ a half inch square head. Was wondering what they used these on.
i can understand a small tac size brass but this thing looks like the kind they sunk in oak! Thanks for all looks and responses, Joey

Hi Snaps, They were used for boat/ship building. I hunted an old homesite a few times years ago and always found several brass nails same as you described. I figured whoever lived on the old place most likely worked in the historic old shipyard I knew had been located on the nearby river.HH,Charlie