Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blood on the high sea

DOC

This is off topic, but nothing else is going on. I wnet fishing for two days. 32 people on the boat, 13 fish taken, albacore, blue fin, yellow tail, and Dorado.

I got 1 - 27 pound albacore, took me 20 minutes to land the stupid thing. I got 9 more hooked but could not land them. Great fun!

Looks like you had a hell of a time Doc. Must have been fun.
Seeing all those tuna reminded me of a preserving them for consumption at a later date.
You may well think this a tad odd, but a mate of mine was commercially producing tuna jerky when I was living in Vanuatu!
Sounds incredible, but it is absolutely delicious.
What he did was slice the tuna into strips, marinate it overnight in soy sauce and whatever spices he wanted , then dry it in those small food dehydraters you can buy at any electrical appliance store.
Seal it in airtight plastic bags (the sealers and bags are readily available also) and he had the whole thing sown up.
The product was fantastic. Try it.