Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bone conductive Headphones / OR other ideas for hearing problems

Bdlowder

Has anyone tried thebone conductive headphones with a metal detector ?
I've had the idea of trying to figure out how to adapt a good set of these to a wirelss detector such as Minelab CTX 3030 or a Garrett atx . I've got some hearing problems causing me to miss some of the tones and thought this might be a solution worth a try .
With the Minelab CTX I have the wirelss system - WM 10 but I don't know what frequency ,or at least that it is a technology belongs to Minelab so I don't know if it is possible to match the wireless frequency with a receiver ,maybe possible with the wirelss grey ghost headphone transmitter - receiver or the Bluetooth 5.0 system like was modded on here recently .
But I don't yet own or have tried the grey ghost system to know - so thought I'd ask if this idea has been tried or thought about by anyone else .
Also read about the 3 band equalizer like maybe Radio Shack or similar sells . Or possibly a booster like steel phase or I believe B&T makes but I don't have any experience with these units either and there is not really any good stocking metal detector shops in my area -say at least 100 miles either direction ...so just ideas unless somebody else has some input and experience with any of these ideas and products ?

Bdlowder, I have not used those and couldn’t answer those questions.

I have hearing aids that are Bluetooth enabled. If I wear headphones I get feedback but I push on.

I recently found Q12 wireless ear buds that are low latency for minelab NOX.

They work great with pairing and hearing. Hearing loss is different in all folks so do research for your particular issue.

New hearing aids have 2.3 gig Bluetooth but they aren’t cheap.

Best of luck,

Tony NJ

I've been using Aftershokz AS600 bluetooth for phone calls driving because they dont interrupt your hearing. They also make a wired version I'm waiting on hearing back with the request for specs I posted on their support site this am. Based on my titaniums and the clarity I'm assuming the quality will work well.
Have you had any luck so far ?

Bob

I know this is kind of old, but I don't come here that often. When asked for a metal detecting solution for the deaf (ultimate hearing impaired), I came up with a cheap and easy to make solution. Go to fleabay and buy some "vibrating motors" Ebay Link Hand sew them into a couple of layers of 2mm thick neoprene to form a cylindrical sleeve. Solder the wires into a 1/4" or 1/8" headphone jack. Slide the neoprene sleeve over where your hand grips the shaft/handle, and plug the wire into your headphone jack. Instead of getting sound, you get vibrations.