Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BOOTS

A

Anonymous

Hey DOC;
what is happening with the BOOTS and are you ever going to answer my Questions about them...?

My apologies Fred, I must have missed your question, what was it ?

DOC

Dang Doc;
I almost forgot my questions...Who makes those boots?
Is there more arch support than the previous model I bought from you?
and a new question...when will they be available?
Thanks
fred

They are made by the same companyas the others, they are available now, and as far as arch support, they have that same athletic foot bed in them, so I'm not sure they would be much better for you. I have a good arch so I guess I do not notice it so much they feel very comfortable to me. However my 22 year old son just dies if he does not have good arch support because he has virtually no arch at all.

He has to wear orthodics.

DOC

Doc, so are you saying that you now have the new style like you posted a few weeks ago? Originally you thought they were non metal but found out later they weren't? The light brown ones with the aggessive sole?

Digger

No I have the ones like the light tan only in Black. The problem was not metal, they did not have any metal in them, the problem was that they did not have a gusseted tongue all the way up like the black ones do.

The have all the features with the exception of that very improtant one. The gussetted tongue all the way up keeps the dirt out and that is really a nice feature depending on how aggressive you are in kicking dirt.

Thanks!

DOC

Right, that was it. I knew there was a problem with them. So, how are you coming in getting a replacement in that color with everything we want? I'm thinking the tan might BE a bit cooler in the summer heat. Mine will last the rest of the summer but that's it. I've got to have some new ones for next year. Is there any way to have a shoe maker sew those gussets all the way up? If there's enough leather, I can get a local guy to do it.

Digger

You can't tell these guys anything. You just have to suggest it and see what happens. I told them the dirt isn't the only problem, the tongue wants to slide around.

They probably had 20,000 pair made up, so they will have to get rid of those first.

Take care!

DOC

Digger, I had a shoe-repair man sew in gussets....he thought it would be a comfort problem, It has not been any problem for me. I think he could have used thinner leather but I left the solution to him. He charged $10 bucks, but it was worth more so I paid him $20 as good service and craftmenship should always be rewarded.

Fred