Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter III

I guess with the response to my questions regarding the bounty hunter asking anything about my whites gold master would be ridiculous ??

Fred-schmed-2018 : Bear in mind you're asking about machines that are 40 to 50 yrs. old . So even those of us who used those machines back then, .... it's going to be hard to give you an entire manual of instructions, on a thread like this.

I never personally used the Bounty Hunter . But judging from the face-panel pix I've found on google-images, it's akin to most of the others of that generation, as-per way-to-operate. But what is it that you want to know ?? You say "no power supply" , so ... unless you get a battery and power it up, how is any instruction I can give going to help you ? Does it not have a battery pack ? I'm not sure what you're asking about.

As for the "Whites Goldmaster" : Be aware that Whites Co. used the term "goldmaster" in a multitude of machine names over the years. Can you post a pix of the face panel , so I know which goldmaster it is, that you are asking about. Then I'll take a crack at that one.

You will not get a lot of response about a 40 or so year metal detector.. The gold machine may be different if all knows what you have..

You also may have to make parts you need.. perhaps if you sent Garrett a letter asking.. or a call, someone there could guide you better.

[size=large]So in answer to your direct question Garrett is where you begin... Good luck...[/size]

Garrett ? Why would Garrett have any input to his questions ? He was asking about a 1) Bounty Hunter, and 2) Whites. Not Garrett :inlove:

Nice catch. I didn't realize that was a BFO. Wow, what a dinosaur. Circa very early 1970s.

I never used that particular BFO, but I do recall seeing a few BFO's still in use, when I started in the mid 1970s. But by the mid 1970s, guys were quickly switching to TRs of various sorts. The BFO's did good *just* to get a coin to 3 or 4". The TR's were smoother, more sensitive, etc....

HOWEVER : One benefit to the BFOs, ironically, was that they made decent cache hunters. Because, ironically, "more sensitive" is NOT what a person wants, when cache hunting. He does NOT want to be bothered with pesky small things like coins, tabs, foil, rings, etc.... And whereas a BFO wasn't particularly sensitive to coin-sized items, yet it could find a toaster or jar sized item, just fine.

Same logic for a 2-box machine : While it's true that some standard machines can find a toaster or jar just as deep as a 2-box, yet the magic of the 2-box is that it simply can't find anything smaller than a soda can.

So it's ironic that a lot of caches were found "back in the day" with machines that were kind of lousy. Ie.: BFO, all-metal TR, etc.... Hence sometimes: "More sensitive" does not always equate to better. Depending on the targets you are looking for.