Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter IV vs Treasure Hunter 3030

A

Anonymous

I've been reading down the forum for some help regarding a gift for a seven year old...and I understand it is going to take listening w/ any detector.....but could anyone give me some insite on the one's that I'm looking at.....the Bounty Hunter Four and the Treasure Hunter 3030....Thanks so much for your help.... and WAR EAGLE!

Im not familiar with the Treasure hunter 3030 but I have many hours on a Tracker IV. As far as listening, The tracker IV either makes a noise or it doesnt. The sound wont get weaker on deeper targets. It is very easy to use and will find quarters in the 5" range. It would be a good machine for a 7 year old. The tesoro silver umax or the compadre are also easy to use and weigh a pound less than the Bounty Hunter and will go a couple inches deeper on coins.

I have used the Tracker IV a little, but know nothing on the Treasure hunter 3030 and wonder if this is one of those detectors made in China. The Tracker IV I know can be got for less than $100 and it seems to work OK, but not my favorite for a beginners detector. I recomend spending a little more and look at the Tesoro Compadre as we know what this detector can do and so easy to use.I got my 6 year old Grandson one and he just loves it,but has got some nice finds with it. Another possibility I see is the new Garrett Ace 150 that I see some are selling for a little more than a Tracker IV, this one has a ID meter, 3 tones target ID and also a depth meter. I have one in my shop and it seems to be a very impressive detector with features found in detector costing over twice as much. They have a Christmas special too right now too so you get a treasure book, a nice set of headphones and a very nice carring bag too that is free with the purchase of the Garrett Ace 150. I will say it looks like Garrett has made a winner here and these are not to be confused with the Treasure Ace 100. 200 or the 300 which are being discontinuded, the Ace 150 and the 250 are brand new models just released.
Rick

I'd have to go with Rick. I've been testing the Garrett Ace 250 and it's one great little machine and performs like the expensive detectors and is a whole lot of fun to use.
Bill