Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bullet ID help needed..

fwcrawford

I found these bullets today while searching around an old house and am not sure if they date back to the civil war or not, and also not sure about the caliber and can use some help.
The top bullet is a .52 caliber sharps and is for scale only.. it was not found today.
The bases do not have any cavities and since they are somewhat distorted, it is hard trying to get any measurements.
Thank in advance for any help,
Felix

n/t

Looks like CW carbine bullets in my opinion. What caliber?

Would be good to see a picture of the base / cavity. Nice finds. cch

I'm wondering the caliber too.. they look slightly smaller than the .52 caliber sharps, but it is hard to tell since they are not perfectly round.

and the 2 on the right look taller and have a different ring patteren than most Spencers. would really like the see some calipers put on them and get the dia and length

I believe that two of the bullets are different than the other four.
In the first photo I posted, I separated the bullets and the 4 in the middle row look to be the same and the 2 in the bottom row look the same, but look smaller than the others.
I'll try to get some measurements, but I don't know how accurate they will be... all of the bullets are distorted to some extent.
You mentioned the bases are ate up like Spencers.. why causes this?
Thanks,
Felix

n/t