Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button identity

coinspader

I found this small button with the Dues 2 a couple days ago and was wondering if anybody here knows what it is from, it looks pretty old, it is a one piece button, looks like maybe it was a cuff button judging by it's size.

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 160
I found this small button with the Dues 2 a couple days ago and was wondering if anybody here knows what it is from, it looks pretty old, it is a one piece button, looks like maybe it was a cuff button judging by it's size.
If you look close, can you make out the word AIR along the bottom, and a face with puffed cheeks blowing wind? A little hard to tell from the pic.

The park it came out of was established in 1935 but there were home sites and farms there long before the park was established. It has been said that the Union army camped there a few times during the civil war, I have found a uniform cuff button and coat button in this park as well as a 3 ring mini ball. There is a lot of history in this location. I also found a half cent there that dates back to the early 1800's

From what I can see of the figure and the letter style.... the button would be from 1870 thereabouts towards the turn of the century.

The style of the face is from a period in western art called the Arts and Crafts movement. Also the style of the letters, very typical of this period. The female figure is typically shown within nature, of nature.... flowing hair and clothing like flowing air and water. Almost like the back to the land movement of the 1970's, this was a movement against the industrial revolution of the time, a step back to simpler things... for example handmade furniture and jewellery and such. By the 1880- 90''s, this style evolved into what was became known as Art Nouveau...

Phoebe+Anna+Traquair+-+Tutt%27Art@+(12).jpg

interesting, the button does look like it is presenting that style of workmanship.
Can you tell, is it letters at the bottom, the word "AIR"?... Maybe even FAIRY with the "F" and the "Y" worn?
...with the puffed cheeks and the breath of wind, I'm guessing it's "AIR"

I looked for a match online but with no luck.... a nice little button, for sure. :thumbup: