Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button

Hello all. Been a while since I posted a find. Haven't had to much swing time the past year with working a lot of hours. Got out today for a couple hours. Was a balmy 35 out but no wind at all!! Dug this beauty at a bout 4-5 inches with a nice signal swinging the 15in Minelab 3kHz coil, running at 28 sens, tracking on and in disc mode 1. The button was dirty when I pulled it out. Took it home and washed it under warm water with a little Dawn and a fingernail brush. Cleaned up pretty nice. I think its a German silver flat button made in the first quarter of the 19th century, military maybe from what I've researched. But it could be pewter also. I just don't know how good pewter would look coming out of the ground after 200yrs as I have never found either a silver or pewter button before. I know that all the silver coins I find clean up nice and shiny with a light water cleaning. Any thoughts from my friends here? HH ALL

Em

:thumbup: Nice find!
From where I sit watching out my window at the snow piling up again, it looks like it's silver plated to me.

Nice find. Congrats.

Without handling It my 1st guess is its a tombac button, nice very "old" find!! I have found lots of them in the U.K. but only one or two in the states, congrats :beers:
Jeff