Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cabin fever hunt

bootyhoundpa

Decided to take a road trip yesterday to the only diggable earth i know of within 2 hrs of my home... departed 5am ,arrived 7am... air temps 10 degrees with calm breeze coming off land blowing toward water..actually was a beautiful morn except for temps...low tide was 10 am..dry sand was frozen so only the surf line was diggable..targets were almost non existent. ...was probably or 2hrs till i even had a keeper...after 6 hrs of hunting i managed 1 quarter,2 dimes , 9pennies,a pendant-not silver- and a cool indian ring which i believe is only gold filled as there is a bit of green showing in the nooks and crannies...[attachment 308651 20150301_0629181.jpg][attachment 308652 20150301_0630361.jpg][attachment 308653 20150301_0638481.jpg] the ring was on the surface in a small pocket of gravel ... felt good to get out...if weather stays as predicted i should be able to hunt in about 3 weeks in my area...

Those of us around here are suffering from the same thing. That cabin fever can get you. 18" of snow on the ground with another 6" expected tonight doesn't help. Yesterday felt warm outside at 26 degrees. It seems I wake up to below zero every morning. It's been a tough winter in NY. Cabin fever, you got that right. Maybe you didn't get gold or silver, but it must have been nice out there swinging the loop.

Yep! Good on ya for getting out! :clapping:

I remember a guy found a ring like that Indian one that was gold with ruby eyes...He amazingly found the owner...it was a good story...the ring meant a lot to that guy, he even had a tattoo of it on his arm!....I wish I could remember more details but that was a long time ago...maybe its buried back on the Good Deeds Forum...? I'll go give it a quick look...nope cant find it...the posts there only go back to 2012...anybody remember that ring?
Mud

Very cool ring!! There is nothing like getting out after a period of not being able to and detecting again. It's very therapeutic and renews the soul again!!!

Must of felt like a million bucks just to get out and swing the detector. I know a fellow "find" member ( has a 135 degree fever :stretcher:) that wanted to cut the fins off his coil :rofl:

Thanks for replies guys...i think i remember that post you are talking about mud...stay warm and dry.. i actually had to peel ice build up off of the coil wire and shaft for the 1st hr yesterday. yes it did feel good getting out..i did see 6 guys surfing,man and i thought we were crazy...