Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:cam:big old silver

kevinmi

Got out for a few hours last night in an old home site, found this beauty laying on top of the ground. I got a nice solid high signal, looked down and could see the rim. Terry was hunting fairly close so I called him over to have a look. After I picked it up, it was caked with dirt. I didn't want to rub it for fear of scratching it. Terry had some water with him that he poured over it. The site has produced some old stuff and as Terry was rinsing it off he said "its gotta be seated,,,,, No &^%$$t its a bust". I've been detecting close to 30 years and have found some great old coins, but never a capped bust. What a great "first". It looks as though the plow nicked it at some time on the reverse, but I'm happy with it, it has some nice crisp details. Needless to say I was pretty stoked. Thanks for looking.

Amazing!

A coin like that will forever remain only in my dreams.

Looks like your fields are opening up . . . . .hope your luck continues

Andy

Big old silver??? Are you kidding me? When I hear that I think franklin or walker at best.
What an understatement!
What a fantastic coin!
Thanks for sharing

WOW! That is too crazy. I know exactly what that sounded like. Congrats. Still waiting on my first silver dollar. Always love it when people find one makes me think there is hope. Thanks for sharing.

Don