Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Camo-LS

Danny Glenn

Does anyone out there have one of these detectors? I am having problems getting mine to do what it is suppose to do, detect.. I must be doing something wrong because the only thing I can find is trash and I get all kinds of hums and beeps out of this thing. Please help...

You either have the sensitivity turned up way to much, or you have a bad unit...first, air test the machine...just like it says in the manual...then, take it out in your yard...you will not most likely be able to turn the sensitivity to 3 o'clock as suggested in the manual...I can not usually turn it above like noonish here in NY without it going nuts...if it continues to chatter constantly, turn the sensitivity down until it stops...if you have to turn it down all the way, I would say you have a bad coil, or a bad machine...change to the 4" coil, and repeat this test...if it acts the same, I would say it is the machine...if it gets better, it is your coil...

Hope this helps...

P.S. You have probably noticed that the manuals are wrong in stating that when you turn on the machine it is in the all-metal mode...well, it is, but it is in the All-Metal DISC. mode...This makes the machine mostly turn on and go...There is no difference between the Land Star and the Cammo-LS electronically...

Happy Hunting,

Thanks for the tips, I used this machine last week at the beach here. I live on the Gulf coast of Texas and I got a signal that showed a penny. I dug down about 8" and finally found half of a smashed beer can. I have yet to find any coins with this machine. I onced owned a Garrett and found lots of coins but nothing yet with this machine.

Yes, most beer cans will register under the Zinc/Penny range...I have been frustrated with this also...do yourself a favor too, and drop a nickel on the ground and set your disc knob so that it just picks it up...this will eliminate most pull tabs, but you will loose iron and small ring signals.
The wet sand in and of itself may be your problem...Most detectors do poorly in wet or mineralized (black) sand. Also, if your using a coil cover in the sand...clean out any accumulated sand that gets under it about every hour or so....I also found that when in All-Metal mode, hit the all metal button, then lift the coil waste high. Hit the Ground-Trac button. Drop the coil to the ground and lean on it gently (push coil against ground). If the detector squeals, hit the ground-trac again...or you can turn up the manual ground balance until the squeal just barely goes away. I find it more accurate to push the coil into the ground than hold it above ground as suggested in the manual.

BH-LandStar