Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can anyone date this badge

A

Anonymous

Penitentiaries Canada.Hat badge, I assume.I pictured it next to a non-dug button that I have.

Federal Government
Circa ... 1930-1940s
Penitentiaries Canada
Rank of ... Corrections Officer
Corrections Officer's Cap Insignia
Made by . . . No maker's name
Notes: Has original looped-lugs on rear of badge.
Ref. N

And that's a date that I agree with.I wonder if it was only used for the 30-40's period.Should be able to find who the owner was with a little detective work.This one saw use at Dorchester Penitentiary where the last double hanging in Canada occured in 1936.I wouldn't be surprised if this badge witnessed it.

Here's a few more from the link below...
In '53 they changed the badge. Note the new crown.
I noticed as well, there was a Penitentiaries uniform, with badge and buttons like yours on Ebay right now.
Nice badge, CS, thanks for posting it!