Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can anyone tell me?

I a thr

Where could one expect an American GOLD coin to hit on a XL Pro? I'm speaking of the older $1, $2.50, $5.00, $10.00, and $20.00 coins. I have dreamed for over 33 years of finding one of these but as of yet not. Early years of detecting I probably walked over 1 or 2 as I ran the old discriminator high to rid of pull tabs, stupid me.
Post up if you have found any of these gold coins in your past and where I could expect them to show up on the XL meter.
Thanks
Sure wish winter was over :rolleyes:
Bill

Hi Bill,

These are strictly air tests, so in ground will likely be different.

Everything on P presets except Tuner which was backed off for sound level, and Hot Rock Accept.

$1.00 1851 Type I = 25 on the scale with the needle between N and I of Nickel.

$2.50 1855 = 35 on the scale with the needle between T and A of Tabs.

$5.00 1906 = 45 on the scale with the needle between G and D of Gold.

$10.00 1893 = 55 on the scale.

Good luck in your quest. Jim McCulloch wrote an article years ago about finding gold coins, and the result was that the $5.00 coin was probably the most lost, as it was the most found.

OldeTymer

Great information OldeTymer. Thanks

Bob

That's telling me I might have still picked up one of the larger ones, as I use to run the discriminator just to rid pull tabs,:pulltab: again stupid. :rage:
Thanks again for the input.
Come on, melt snow melt!!!!
HH
Bill