Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can Scorp's Dad join in?

PennyFinder

Here's a pic of my A3B American sporting a 10.5" Round Coil. Scorp is always asking if he can take the 10.5 out for a spin! :super:

PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett:

Well I finally got to run the A3B through the paces today for a half an hour. Took it out to a recently closed down elementary school just before sundown and got into the zone. Did the Ground balancing easy enough, set the discriminator to 4 1/2 , flipped the machine to motion discriminate and away I went! There is no TR mode on this machine like the Scorpion has.
First thing I noticed about the audio, was the junk I discriminated out all had that characteristic "boing" sound like hot rocks make, while coins, pull tabs and aluminum had a nice compact solid narrow sound, always smaller than the 10.5" concentric coil, unmistakable. This is like shooting fish in a barrel! I came away with lots of ring type pull tabs,
a penny and a loonie just as it was getting dark, I decided to pack it in before some busy body phones a cop, saying there is a man in the school grounds with a Lesche tool! She probably wouldn't describe it that nicely, wouldn't you say?

PennyFinder

Too cool!:garrett::detecting:Man, I haven't seen one of those in ages!:yikes:I think that's actually an 8.5" searchcoil. That's the only one that I'm lacking for the Scorp. Do you have or have you tried the 5"x10" or 3"x7" double "D" Crossfire Goldhunters on it?. Really cool to see one of those old machines again. I'm glad you're gettin' some good use out of it.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Hi ya metalhead,
Bought the A3B just for the 10.5" GoldHunter coil for my Scorpion which sports the 4.5 GoldHunter concentric, the 3x7 dd, and the 5x10 dd.
Using the A3B for coins, the All-Metal/ Motion Discriminate switch is on a trigger mounted under the housing right by your trigger finger, which is a little more handier than the Scorpions in which to discriminate your target with hunting in All-Metal. I like the more weather proof housing to and there is no speaker.
The pinpointing on the All-Metal hover method is deadly with the concentric coil, you can accurately dig 2" plugs with ease, it's spot on. She's a good little coin hunter. As with the Scorpion, it's best to slow down with the 2 filter machine. With the small coils they are hellfire in trash.
I think Garrett made the A3B only in 1988 to 1989, then the Scorpion came out in 1990? Correct my if I'm wrong.

PennyFinder