Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you use regular headphones with the XP?

Yes you can, there is a 3.5mm headphone jack in the bottom of the remote, under a rubber flap. I have heard, that the Koss portapro sounds nice with the Deus, if you want to use light headphones.

Yes, you can plug a standard set with a 3.5mm jack into the control housing base but if you hunt with the control unit on the shaft, the jack will be in the way of your hand. The solution is to hunt with the control housing in your pocket or on your belt using the belt holder that comes with the unit.

Another thing to remember is that at this time there is no volume adjustment on the control housing so the volume can be quite loud on wired phones.

Andy Sabisch

To use "standard" headphones with a 1/4 inch plug you have to have an adaptor. I have yet to find one that will fit as the 3.5 mm plug in is to close to the "rim" that the rubber seal flapper fits. So you will either have to shave the rim down and loose your warranty or somehow shave the 3.5 mm to 1/4 inch adaptor to fit.
You can use the standard MP3 type earphones but going that route you might as well you the wireless backphones.
After using the backphones for almost a year now, I can say that I don't really miss the big headphones like, Black Widows, Sun Ray Gold or Gray Ghost. They are comfortable and light, just like the rest of this marvelous detector.

In Europe you can buy XP Deus without the wireless headphones or without the control unit. In the later case you just use the controls on the headphones. If you later on want the headphones or the control unit you can get those seperatly but the combined prize then will be higher than buying the complete kit from the start.

I have no idea if you can buy it like that in the US but if you're interested in those solutions it might be worth asking about it at the dealer.

More on topic for this thread I know at least one case here in Denmark where two brothers share a Deus. One use the bigger coil and the control unit in a front pocket with headphones plugged in, the other the standard coil with the wireless headphones. That way the prize is roughly the same as two Minelab X-Terra 705's or simular detectors. So if you're two guys both wanting a Deus you could do something simular.