Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Canada another Racer Market?

Sven

Canada is just above the US. Lots of treasure hunters up here always in search of a good target ID machine. There are some nasty soils up here as well as
mild soils. Canadian coins are a different composition than US coins and can be a real challenge for most ID machines on the market.

Personally think the folks up here can use a new detector to brighten up the days. Most are kind of stuck on the same brand, model machines and perpetuate
the promoting and selling sub par machines to beginners, they themselves bitched about being terrible machines that they couldn't wait to get rid.

I try and interject into my posts on the CA forums about other machines that I bought up from the US and how they handle CA coins and dirt............
I lived on the Buffalo, NY border with Canada since 1960. Canada is just short hop across the bridge spanning the Niagara River, for me was also like playing in the
neighbors backyard. Have hunted for relics and coins since 1969 on both sides of the border. Since 2007, moved to Canada permanently.

Just wondering if anyone is getting a Racer in Canada? I have made some extensive postings on one CA forum since the Racer Xmas picture came out to enlighten
the Canadians. Would be interesting to see how the Makro units work up here.

with the current loonie exchange rate I think the price will be pretty high, if and when it becomes available up here...

it certainly could take a while for the Nokta/Makro Distributor in Canada to have some Racer's in stock...

Will be interesting to see how the Racer does on our unique clad....too bad we don't have a tester (that would publish findings) up here....

horikindaguy said:
with the current loonie exchange rate I think the price will be pretty high, if and when it becomes available up here...

it certainly could take a while for the Nokta/Makro Distributor in Canada to have some Racer's in stock...

Will be interesting to see how the Racer does on our unique clad....too bad we don't have a tester (that would publish findings) up here....

I would be interested but, we're under 3' of snow

I offered to be a tester also, but no go.....

it sounds like the Racer is similar to T2/F75 so more a 'relic' class machine (open fields, etc)....

I'm in the GTA so it probably wouldn't be the best choice for urban areas....just my cursory impression..

horikindaguy said:

Right now in CA $ from the US with shipping and Customs HST etc. roughly $980 CA ($786US) for the standard one going for $650US.
Unless the CA dollars drops some more or gets closer to US on par.

I can and get some numbers for you. The better older coins are not needed, but those abnormal hunks of stuff somebody thought was a good idea [size=small](just to torment metal detecting Canadians)[/size] are the ones I'll gather up.

Monte

LOL, those crazy coins up here don't torment as as much as they torment the folks from States that come up for a visit and a hunt.
As their machines cannot decide if an item is junk or not. ID numbers can bounce from iron right up to the 90's, or bounce around other numbers. Or bounce and lock for a split second.
And the modern clad when on edge, well they drop below "0" into the minus teen iron numbers. And the newest ones can well they read into the low iron range when lying flat.
We are used to the wacky ID signatures. We need a machine that can tighten up on the numbers.
PM me you address if you want a nice selection of Canadian clad to play with, will send some out.

Sven said:
LOL, those crazy coins up here don't torment as as much as they torment the folks from States that come up for a visit and a hunt.
As their machines cannot decide if an item is junk or not. ID numbers can bounce from iron right up to the 90's, or bounce around other numbers. Or bounce and lock for a split second.
And the modern clad when on edge, well they drop below "0" into the minus teen iron numbers. And the newest ones can well they read into the low iron range when lying flat.
We are used to the wacky ID signatures. We need a machine that can tighten up on the numbers.
PM me you address if you want a nice selection of Canadian clad to play with, will send some out.

Sven, don't forget to send a few with big rusty blobs on them....a whole different ball game....and new 'steel' loonies and toonies...

... to intentionally test and sample 'junk money!' :rage: :rant:

Most :usaflag: hobbyists set out knowing they might encounter junk to find money.

The :canadaflag: hobbyists set out knowing they might encounter junk money.

What a bummer. :wacko: I do come across some Canadian coins here in Oregon through the years, to include the old Large Cents, or the better quality small cents similar to the good ones the US used to have, before going to the thin copper wash on a Zinc cent that will get pitted through in a very short time after being lost. From time to time I get a more modern coin from up your way, but often used them in a local purchase.

I look forward to testing them all and reporting back quickly after they arrive. Thanks!

Monte

Monte said:
... to intentionally test and sample 'junk money!' :rage: :rant:

Most :usaflag: hobbyists set out knowing they might encounter junk to find money.

The :canadaflag: hobbyists set out knowing they might encounter junk money.

What a bummer. :wacko: I do come across some Canadian coins here in Oregon through the years, to include the old Large Cents, or the better quality small cents similar to the good ones the US used to have, before going to the thin copper wash on a Zinc cent that will get pitted through in a very short time after being lost. From time to time I get a more modern coin from up your way, but often used them in a local purchase.

I look forward to testing them all and reporting back quickly after they arrive. Thanks!

Monte

hey Monte, our $1 and $2 coins are great and can subsidize our equipment purchases somewhat....couple years back they changed the composition of these from mostly nickel or nickel and copper to mostly steel....pretty disappointing....but you must learn to adapt....tough world out there...keep up the good posts, very informative...