Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cant decide..g2 or gb pro ?

anton

ok,this is probably a real dumb ask,but i need opinions :) .. now i know, they are 'virtually' identical,but can you guys suggest 1 over the other? im in australia,and i been reading the g2 is aimed more at the international market,so does that mean its vid is different from the goldbug? can one or the other handle high mineralization better than the other? any help much appreciated :)

Anton

oh,also...

i have an omega 8000 and 3 coils,and the g2 is supposedly coil compatible,yeah? if so,that may lean me more towards it....

Well Anton, the coil situation is good enough for me. I like my G2, have never used a gold bug though. I think they say they are very much alike. I liked the bigger coil that comes stock and the way the grip is arranged on the G2. I am pretty sure if I were hunting with either one, I would be happy. The coil math should make it easy for you, though I normally just use the stock coil. I guess after I work a site hard I may put the small coil on and try it. Let us know what you decide.

Don
HH

Coils will fit either unit but weather or not they work properly on either is iffy. The sticky at the top of this forum by Dave J explains this. Both machines function the same but the g2 is more ergonomic.
You cant go wrong with either machine just depends on the starter coil you want.
Good luck!

Guys --

The G2 and GB Pro with 11" DD coil are the SAME UNITS! Dave J. says in his sticky that the "frat bros." DD coils are appropriate for this machine -- either the G2 OR GB. If you buy a G2, it has a different rod/handle, and slightly different faceplate than the Gold Bug Pro; it comes stock with 11" DD coil. If you buy a Gold Bug Pro, you will get a 5" coil, but like with the G2, will have compatibility with the "frat bros." DD coils. If you buy a Gold Bug DP, you get the 11" DD coil instead of the 5", like you do when buying a G2 (the DP unit is simply a Pro, but comes with the big coil, not the little coil). Basically, if you look at the rod/handle setup on the G2 versus the Gold Bug Pro/DP -- and find that you like one better than the other, then buy it. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with either. They really are the same machines, just variations on the aesthetics, the rods, and the coils included.

Steve

Pro comes with 5" coil. G2 has 11" DD. Gold bug pro DP comes with 11" DD. Holler of you have questions or need pricing.

Get the Gold Bug Pro, its the same as the G2.

Oh, and while I think of it, the Fisher F5 stock 10" coil works with the Gold Bug Pro and the G2, I've tested it to the full and it makes the Gold Bug Pro a killer coin hunting unit. It also works as well finding gold rings, look for my post -- After work part two.

I had no trouble in deciding between the brands and models,......................... found a dealer with outstanding service integrity and made the deal, only 7 days delivery time from MA to FNQ.

And the detector, works like a charm.
NightWaterHuntSunrise.jpg

ivanll

Folks, please refer to the sticky about coils at the top of this forum.

The GB/G2 platform was designed specifically for DD searchcoils from the "Greek" series. Although some users have reported apparent success in using searchcoils other than those specified, performance may be impaired in ways that aren't obvious, and your machine may just plain not work with a searchcoil of the same type that someone else has reported apparent success with.

If you happen to have another searchcoil from the "Greek" or even the F75/F70 series handy anyhow, you're welcome to try it to see what happens. It won't harm the machine. However the factory (that's me) explicitly un-recommends that anyone purchase a nonspecified searchcoil for use with the GB/G2 platform. If the resulting performance is anything less than 100%, that's your problem, and neither the dealer nor the factory wants to hear about it.

Tek T2 searchcoils are wired differently and just plain won't work.

--Dave J.

Anton,
If you like the handle and display arrangement on your Omega, get the G2, it has the same configuration. I have an Omega and tried a Gold Bug Pro before buying the G2. Personally, I like the ergonomics of the Omega and G2 better than the Gold Bug. Look at the pictures on the dealer or manufacturers web sites and you will see the difference in the rod, and handle set ups.

No one has mentioned that there is a slight weight difference in the two units. GB/GBPro is a few ounces lighter, that may make a difference. The G2 has a slightly better handle that makes it easier to swing the weight. While it is something of a push... it would be ideal if you could try the units first to see if one worked better for you. :detecting:
Tom