Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cavalry camp hunt.. VERY odd button backmark

umrgolf

I decided to change gears today and search for a US Cavalry camp that's eluded me.. until today :detecting: . I scouted about a half hour and found what I was looking for, iron blips all over the place :clapping:

Anyhow, I ended up with my first Eagle C button from my area, and it has a very strange b/m.

I think it reads- MANZANEDO & ABRIEQUETA... Anyone know something about this one?

I also ended up with another paw from a belt buckle, spur piece (anyone know what type? not a Union issue), Eagle I, several small caliber pistol balls and what appear to be Colts... I'd say they're somewhere in the .22-.30 caliber range, quite a bit smaller than a .36 teardrop.

My Tice's button book lists them as a backmark for CV215A23 from period of 1855-1865
Correct spelling MANZANDEO & ABRISQUETA . Also noted --- "dm (depressed or impressed mark) on a ribbon with a bow above. This was misbacked by Scovill"
page # 133 in my book.

Hope this helps. ??

CCH

Cajuncoinhunter said:
My Tice's button book lists them as a backmark for CV215A23 from period of 1855-1865
Correct spelling MANZANDEO & ABRISQUETA . Also noted --- "dm (depressed or impressed mark) on a ribbon with a bow above. This was misbacked by Scovill"
page # 133 in my book.

Hope this helps. ??

CCH

Thanks man, I was close to getting the right wording I guess.... That's so odd, "misbacked" ??? Head scrather

Anyway, here's the video from today... Seems like they take forever to upload now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiSb6AsDEBU

According to American Military Button makers And dealers;Their Backmarks this button back was "a misused back, intended for foreign buttons". looks like you have a good one.