Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cemetery snooping..... The Hay Memorial...

Ron J

While visiting a cemetery in Lynn, I came across this marvelous stone of a sailing vessel. It really is amazing, the detail is suburb. No doubt at one time, there were masts on deck, and a bow sprite, all appeared vandalized long ago. The vessel is named after the HAY children, Robert & Bertha. Appears this family had some misfortune, as Robert Jr. passed at only 13 months, 10 days, and Bertha 2 years, 6 months.
Mr. Hay died at 44 yrs, which in the 1800's was almost considered a life time, but his Wife, Isabella lived for 91 years! I am sure they grieved for their children for a long long time.... I can only guess Mr. Hay, must have owned the real ship if there was one... I could not find any information on the vessel or the Hays.
Rj :usaflag:

Amazing! Going through old graveyards and reading the stones is a big hobby of the Wife and I...the workmanship, poetry, tragedy, and mystery of the people makes for a peaceful and reflective time. Thanks!
Mud

Do you think the small children were grand children? It states that Robert Hay died in 1856 (at 44 years old) and his wife died in 1893 (at 91 years old) and yet the boy child died in 1872, many years after Robert Hay passed away.

n/t

know how anyone could vandalize someone's headstone, and a beautiful one as this,..........there's just no call for it. Thanks for sending the photos, made very interesting reading! Love, Sunny