Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chargers and conditioners for excalibur

RC

Just sent in my Excal to Detector Centre for repair. Turns out it was just a bad battery with some dead cells. Are there any chargers on the market that can discharge a excal battery and recharge it, as a battery conditioners. Also I hear there is a lithium Ion Battery on the market. Is it worth it. First things first, I want a better charger than what minelab puts out

If your batteries are NiMH rather than the older Ni-Cd, then they don't develop habits and do not benefit much from conditioning. I'd recommend an intelligent charger. Best bet is to do a search on-line for the term "Minelab Excalibur intelligent charger" ... in a quick look at forum sponsors, I'm not finding one on offer. If I'm wrong on that, I hope someone will post which sponsor has one. The intelligent chargers run about $20 to $25. There have been several people who have said they like the lithium ion battery pack for the Excal. I am satisfied with how long the NiMH packs last, so I have not gone for one of the lithium ion battery packs.

i use an intelligent charger & battery that i got on line works great a perfect upgrade (y)

I have sent two emails to the manufacturer of the lithium replacement packs for the Xcal since i have not been able to find one anywhere. So far in nearly a month i have been unable to get an answer as to when or if they will be making the packs again.

One would think that if a company wanted our business they would have the decency to answer a question about future production or the lack there of.

do a web search for minelab excalibur battery & intelligence charger there out there (y)
i love mine

do a web search for minelab excalibur battery & intelligence charger there out there (y)
i love mine
The first thing i did was search the web. Searched every dealer that i could find that ever carried them/ I do not find any anywhere. everyone has them listed as OUT OF STOCK.

That is why i emailed the company and they dont even have the decency to answer.

on the bay

Wild AS I SAID EVERYONE IS OUT OF THEM. No there are none of the better quality ones available. Yes there is some cheap stuff.